Piles are like Cushions, in anal canal which help in regulation or control of stools.Due to excessive stress sometimes they become Piles with symptoms of Swelling & inflammation. Condition is known as “Varicose veins inflammation” in ano rectal region.
Piles can be internal & external & initially can be characterised by slight pain & itching sensation while defecation, later on it becomes worse with daily bleeding & pain along with external or internal lumps. Piles can come at any age but they are most common in age group of 45 to 65.
Type of Piles:
Depending on the origin & morphology Piles or Hemorrhoids are broadly classified as :-
- Internal Piles (Hemorrhoids): Occurs in Anal Canal & Rectum.
- External Piles (Hemorrhoids): Outside Anal Canal near anal opening.
Internal Piles are further classified as :-
- Grade-I :- Hemorrhoids (Piles) are still in the interior anal canal & there is no protrusion or prolapsed. However there is minor itching or pain.
- Grade-II :- Hemorrhoids (Piles) are similar to grade-I however bleeding is also observed at this stage. Additionally some small protrusion will come outside during bowels & reverts back to its original position.
- Grade-III :- When hemorrhoids reaches at stage-III, they have all the symptoms of earlier stages only the prolapsed or protrusion will not return to its original position on its own & must be manipulated back into the anal canal manually.
- Grade-IV :- This is a final stage and haves all symptoms of earlier stage except haemorrhoids can no longer be manipulated back into place in the rectum.
Symptoms of Piles :-
Piles don’t always cause pain or other symptoms. Other symptoms are –
- Bleeding along with bowel movement – you may see blood on toilet paper or on your faeces.
- A lump in or around your anus.
- A feeling that your bowels haven’t emptied completely.
- Watery discharge or mucous from anus, or leaking faeces.
- Itchy or sore skin around your anus.
- Pain and discomfort during or after a bowel movement.
Causes of Piles
Modern Lifestyle, Junk food,Stress,improper eating habits accounted for a majority of Ano-rectal complications like Piles, Fissures & Fistula. In all Ano-rectal diseases major contribution is of a Varicose veins inflammation which in normal terms are swollen veins. There can be a lot of reasons for these ailments however the basic reasons are:-
- Improper eating habits,Junk food.
- Straining to empty your bowels, for example if you have constipation.
- Indigestion & Prolonged Constipation.
- Ageing – as you get older you may be more likely to get piles because your anal canal weakens.
- Diarrhoea lasting a long time.
- Long-term coughing.
- Having a family history of piles.
- Excessive Oily, Spicy, fatty & Non-Veg food.
- Lack Of High Fiber Diet.
- Long sitting working hours.
- Prolong use of Antibiotics & Allopathic drugs.
- Pregnancy & Overweight.
- Excessive Heavy weight lifting .
At explore surgeries we have tie up with best laser surgeons those are providing Piles treatment in Gurgaon and Delhi NCR . who are holding an experience of more than a decade and has treated more then 5000+ Patient successfully.